CHOICES offers several Adoption Information Sessions throughout the year in both Victoria and Vancouver, and infrequently or on request, at other locations around the province.
These sessions cover:
- CHOICES history, value and philosophy;
- The legislative requirements for becoming approved adoptive parents in BC;
- Details on those legislative requirements (the home study process and the adoption education program);
- Inter-country adoptions (international);
- Domestic adoptions (adopting in BC);
- Openness in adoption; and
- Application process
You will also have an opportunity to hear a personal story from a family who has adopted through CHOICES as they share their experience from the beginning of the adoption process all the way through to bringing their child home.
For families not able to attend one of these in-person information sessions, our in-house social workers are more than happy to provide a one-to-one consultation on any aspect of the adoption process. Just call our Office at 1-888-479-9811 and ask to speak with a social worker.